Saturday, May 22, 2010

CSA 3

No picture this week, we got into the basket before I could snap one. A large head of cabbage and more spinach (anyone have good recipes for these things?), green beans, 2 yellow squash/zucchini, head of lettuce and green onions.
I used the green onions, last weeks cabbage and the lettuce to make Asian Lettuce wraps. Yummy and fairly simple. I used ground turkey, shredded cabbage, carrots, water chestnuts, green onion, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, splash of rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Wrapped it up in the lettuce leaves. Even better if you have cilantro and fresh lemon zest.

2 comments:

Batten Rouge said...

I have a VERY yummy spinach salad recipe!
cook up a couple pieces of bacon, use some of the grease & add balsamic vinegar & honey cook for a couple minutes...pour over fresh spinach add mushrooms & pine nuts (sunflower seeds work too) and serve! Its so easy & delicious!

Ms. Molly said...

everything is better with cilantro and lime or lemon!