A good day. now to get out of the house. my legs are ssssoooorrreeee from running almost 4 miles yesterday, pushing 60 lbs of kid and a stroller. last night I woke up to hear thunder, and rain- meaning outside is soaked- but the sun is now out!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
full
My heart is FULL, full of love and happiness. Today started out to be a bit on the cranky side for the 3 of us, Clay was already at work when we woke up. Nothing was getting done, whining, messes, etc! Elliot went down for a nap, and slept GREAT in his crib for over 2 hours! While he was sleeping I did laundry, showered, cleaned mirrors and windows, read stories with Gabrielle and played her "granny maid" which I lost! While I was showering Gabby was keeping me company, as usual. She was telling me she wasn't special because she didn't have a birthmark. Apparently her friend Quincy has a birthmark on his arm that she learned about yesterday (I missed this conversation, will have to find out the details of it from Clay). Gabby said "Quincy's birthmark makes him special, I don't have one- I'm not special!" We started talking about all the ways she is special, she pretended to jot them down on her list she was making. After a bit she turned it to me, and she made a list of the reasons why I am special! All on her own she came up with ideas. Some wonderful some goofy: "you are special because you have nipples and feed my brother milk. you are special because your buns are bigger than mine. scratch that last one off, it's not a good one!" So silly! Elliot woke up happy, wanting to stay in his crib a few minutes and play around (really, you want to be in there?) We had on Pandora radio, Beyonce's remake of At Last came on. I was singing and Elliot joined me, he totally sounded like he was singing "AT LASST!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm loving your posts these days. Well written Sarah!
Way to go running 4 miles with kids in the stroller!!!!! I am constantly in awe of you!
Love you tons, Kayali
I love why you are special. Sometimes I wonder if our kids are too educated! That's hillarious. Good for you for running and pushing the stroller! I'm impressed!
Hope you had a great birthday. I was thinkin' of you!
Post a Comment