Saturday, May 29, 2010

Freezer Jam

Last weekend we met up with my goMom group for some strawberry picking. The strawberry field was a little muddy and the berries pretty picked over already, but we had fun and got a bucket filled with berries. here is a picture montage of our freezer jam experience.
Gabby didn't have a drop of red on her.....
Elliot is fond of squishing berries and eating them too!
Glad it wasn't busy because the kids loved running up and down the rows.

Our bucket full of RIPE berries, they were a little over ripe and ended up being half mush within hours.
the mess I was left with, bowls and bowls and mixing spoons and pots and more!
Final product: 3 containers of strawberry jam, 2 of strawberry blueberry jam. the berries taste almost a little fermented, but so far they taste yummy on vanilla frozen yogurt.

2 comments:

Ms. Molly said...

G looks so grown up in that first picture I had to do a double take, I didn't think it was her!

K + T said...

Is it me, or does Elliot have the same eyes as Grandpa Norm ? I think he totally looks like him in that picture (minus the strawberry mess, of course!)