Gabby got her 2nd ever haircut yesterday. The first one was done by Aunt Randi, last summer. Since then her hair has grown long and during the night tangle bugs come and swing from hair to hair making tangles and knots. Both of us were only ready for her to have a trim, less than an inch cut off but already with just the dry ends gone there seem to have been fewer tangle bugs at the party swinging around last night! We went to a kids salon called Pigtails and Crewcuts. Gabby picked the black police car for her turn, and then talked the entire time!
Gabby was a little nervous about the whole thing, so she wanted Elliot to go first. he picked out the yellow taxi cab. He had been trying to climb into it the whole time we waited for it to be our turn. I gave him a lollipop in hopes he would sit still. He sat still and didn't touch the candy! 
The hairdresser was only going to do a teeny tiny amount off, but I said do a little bit more. I guess I shouldn't have spoken up- way more than I expected came off and all those precious baby curls were falling to the floor! I am not upset about it at all, it just surprised me and now my little guy looks like one BIG KID!



E still looks like E, just a bit tougher and older to me. When he woke up today I had forgotten all about and there was my boy with his first ever big kid haircut! In other big boy news: E is really interested in the potty. Yesterday he went pee 3 times on it, and again today was 3 pee and a little extra! Gabby is his biggest cheerleader in this, she sings and cheers for him!
3 comments:
I know that song! Good job, all! Nene
They are growing up so fast! We need a visit :) Go Elliot Go!
Wow! What a big boy going potty on the toilet. He looks way too big with that haircut and who does he look like???
I had a nice visit with Molly on Saturday at little Iris's party.
We all miss you, Sarah!!
Post a Comment