Friday, September 10, 2010

Ojos

A few months back I noticed that one of E's pupils was bigger than the other. It FREAKED me out, especially when you google medical stuff. It is something that just randomly happens, not all the time and it is always the left eye. The Dr. at first didn't believe me, then he could see it too. He said it was just the angle I was looking at E, no- I look at the kid quite a bit and know all parts of him well. We got a referral just to check it out. Finally the day came, we went to the Pediatric Opthamologist. I was wondering how awful it was going to be, trying to get Elliot to sit still and let them look in his eyes. The boy was a dream! He let 3 different people measure his pupils, do all sorts of little vision tests and then do eye drops. He cried for 2 seconds when the second set of drops were in, but it didn't last. We waited for the drops to work in the waiting room, where we chatted with our 5th grade buddy who was there. He asked if Elliot was in Kindergarten! The Dr brought us back, and again Elliot let them do their job without so much as a fuss! His left pupil measures 1mm bigger than the right, but dilates to within a half a mm. No problem, everything looked really good! He may be a little nearsighted in the future, but nothing to worry about! Hurray! The biggest fight I got out of E was trying to put him into the carseat to leave, he was tired and fell right asleep. The drops did make him look even more googley eyed for the entire night...and even a bit the next day. He was pretty good at keeping his "eye googles" (aka sunglasses) on- in fact G, E and I wore googles inside while grocery shopping!Here is the good patient at the eye Dr.
What cheesy grins these two have sometimes! This was at the zoo.

1 comment:

K + T said...

We love those kids! And we are so relieved to hear that the pupil was not something serious!!