Friday, September 24, 2010

eeeek!

*I found a spider in the house today. I moved a bag by the front door looking for one of Elliot's shoes. No shoe, instead a spider that I promptly squished wish a receipt and my shoe. Scary spider. Looked it up, it had a big red marking on its belly. Yep it was a black widow! now it is in two ziplock bags, and has been squished again b/c I didn't get it all the way the first time and noticed it moving in the bag!
*Elliot shakes his head No all the time, and means it.
*Two days in a row E has has had under 30minute naps. Two more days in a row he has fallen asleep on the way to the grocery store! Yesterday it resulted in a 15min nap, no shopping, waking up as soon as we got home and then a 45min fight with no more nap! Today we went to Costco early, to be home in time for nap... he was asleep at 11am in the car. I put him in the stroller, he stayed asleep and we put our groceries in the bottom seat of the stroller. Good way to cut down the number of items you buy at Costco! He woke up by the flowers, but in a good mood.
* Gabby tells everyone "we are into the first Harry Potter"
*Pecan pie muffins are delicious, more sugar than flour in them and dangerous to make b/c they are so good.
*Elliot mopped, Gabby dusted. I re-did it all after they were done.
*Clay has to work this weekend again! here goes another 11days in a row for him.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Oh my goodness, a black widow!? Scary! We have been getting bees in the house pretty much on a daily basis lately. I have no idea how they are getting in, but Lucas will usually see them before me and stand there and yell "BEE! BEE! BEE!" until I get it. I don't know what kind of mayhem we'd have if we had spiders!