Friday, September 17, 2010

Testing

Today was a day of testing. G & E both tested and pushed my patience and sanity to its limits. Clayton had the day off (thanks to working 12 straight days) and he too felt the pushing of limits. Elliot has had a rough week of sleep, crying even with medicine to help dull what is the almost constant pain of teething. Today he threw a big fit each and every time we put him in his carseat. Frustrating. Add on to that him being extra clingy to me, but me wanting to get more things done with Clay home, ya know like shower with the curtain closed. With help from his sister, the little boy got past two doors to find me and whine to me.Energetic Gabby has been having issues with listening and then following the directions (or commands) she has been given. It is irritating especially when you ask her numerous times and she still ignores you. Add on the sass and then the fit tonight at bed (b/c she wanted ME to plug in her night light not Clay, but I was busy putting E to sleep). Oh and I didn't want to play Harry Potter like we have been doing for weeks non stop.
I got over all the frustration and made sure the kids went to bed on a good note. I sat in my Auntie Carm's chair (Gabby insists it is hers b/c it is in HER room) snuggling my sweet little boy, holding my darling girls hand and sang lullabies to them. I feel like I did too much complaining today, but I wouldn't change this life of mine for anything.

On a side note, I attempted to read some of my camera manual last night (at say 11:15p while Clay was finishing his book and before E woke up AGAIN). Today at the park I tested it out, I worked on having my subject in focus while the background is a bit blurred. More work and reading to come!

No comments: