Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23

another picture from yesterday's beach adventure. notice the 2 dragonfly above the kids? there were hundreds of them on the sand dunes this bridge goes over.

errrr, so irritated with myself. On the way home from a little climbing time at the fieldhouse (where it was summer camp week, aka there were 14 other kids that came into the play area) we stopped off to get gas (Thursdays at our Shell station it is 5 cents off.. so today it was a LOW of $3.44 a gallon) and then to Target for diapers (I may try to make this our last pack, doubtful but I can try to talk E and I into it!) We did our long walk thru, and stumbled upon the patio furniture section. Big sale signs, and upon further inspection I found wicker (but more like plastic wicker?) chairs. They normally are $125 but for some reason were slashed to $32. I even called Clay at work to see if I should buy them. He said yes go ahead. I was unsure if they were what we wanted, since we don't have a table to go with them and would they be too bulky when we find a table? Well it was also lunch time, even tho the kids had just had snacks, and then E had a stinky diaper (he did tell me as it was happening, so he does know) and both kids were not wanting to stay in the cart.... so I just said we would go back when Clay got off work and decide. Well we went back, 4 hours later. All were gone, including a few other things that I had eyed, well except one chair. We got the one chair. What do you do with just one chair??? We drove to 2 other Targets, neither had the chair- or nearly as good clearance prices (I even asked why the prices differ so much between stores in the same city!) I guess that will teach me to second guess myself... BUY BUY BUY!
On another note, E has started talking so much. He is hilarious, and it is never quiet in the car. Tonight this is what came out of his mouth "Sissy NO talk. ME talk!"
I have taken over mowing the lawn, it just makes sense since I am home so much more. I mowed today, in the 94 * heat and then finished weeding the front garden that I started last week. The only thing I haven't learned and really don't want to take over is using the weed eater, that can still be Clay's job- especially since he got himself new earplugs!

1 comment:

K + T said...

Poor Sarah - don't be mad at yourself though - some things happen for a reason. Maybe you'll find something amazing and be glad you didn't buy those :)
We are so excited to be seeing you guys in just a couple of weeks! We need the vacation!