Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7

I now notice and appreciate all the gorgeous mountain views WA has to offer, they were breathtaking and all around me!

so I missed a few days, I knew it would happen- bound to happen while traveling cross country with a 2 and 4 year old as my company! Last night we got in at 7pm, both kids were asleep from 9pm-9am. I loved sleeping in and even got like 10 hrs of sleep- that rarely happens due to my late night staying up. today was a no nap day for E, and I am hoping that he is tired enough to sleep thru the night and not just think going to bed at normal 7pm bedtime is a nap (who am I kidding, he doesn't usually go to sleep till closer to 8:30pm, but he was super tired he should sleep all night!). He was so tired he laid down on the bathroom floor, and it was almost 7pm so I put him to bed, he made it late enough! Gabby just whistled to get my attention, and get me into her bedroom. Prayer time after dad did stories. Being tired and 4 seem to be a pretty emotional combination for her. that and being even more boy crazy... our waiter in Seattle (at our hotel) and the pilots of our plane both got the compliment from her that they were such nice gentlemen!
a few things I noticed upon coming home, the Mr of the house doesn't know how to work the a/c. he had it set 7 degrees color than we normally do, it was CHILLY in the house (and bound to be expensive) and he didn't think to check the mail! He did however make sure we were stocked with milk, lemonade, lots of fruit and a box of popsicles! I made a big grocery shopping trip after he got home from work.
Today was a welcome back to VB day, high of 91*, we played in the sprinkler off and on all day, had grilled chicken for dinner, I mowed the lawn, almost unpacked the suitcases (well 2 out of 3 are done, just mine left!) and let E wear underwear all day! he had 2.5 accidents (that I know of) the half is to account for him starting to pee but stopping and me getting him on the potty in time to finish. you don't want to know about the others, lets just say we don't have a dog for him to blame!

1 comment:

K + T said...

Hysterical - Tatiana told me the dog story - he's SO smart. Great to hear you made it safely home. Give the whole fam a big hug from us. Can't wait to see you all in a little more than a month!